This is a BT complaint sent in today to share with others from an angry customer who has problem after problem and highlights the poor customer service still being delivered by BT to many customers across the UK.
I don’t believe anything I am told from BT.
I started to have faith in BT when you resolved the previous issue but once again, I don’t trust BT and in the short time I have been with you I have:
1. Had the equipment left outside my door when I wasn’t home (was on holiday – returning on September 29th. Parcel was left there from the 27th).
2. Broadband order was not completed on activation date (September 30th). Several calls to BT failed to resolve this as well as contacting @BTCare on Twitter
3. I complained about the quality of the Freeview signal in my area. You’re “get out of jail free card” was a tickbox on your website saying “Do you have a working aerial?”. As I have been with Sky TV for almost 10 years, I assumed the aerial was fine and as I didn’t have a freeview box I was unable to test it. I even got an aerial specialist out to see if there was anything they could do to improve it, but there isn’t due to being on a dip in the hill.
4. Broadband was disconnected (November 4th) due to the order not completing. I called up BT to report the issue but guess what? I couldn’t log the fault as my line showed as no broadband order on it, so I was several days without service and had to use a 3G Dongle (At my cost). Also, due to this BT vision didn’t work so couldn’t even pass the time watching television (signal not working, couldn’t stream catchup services).
5. Promised I would get a credit applied to the account as a gesture of good will.
6. Entire phone line and broadband line went down (19th November) which was reported on the 20th and fixed on 21st. Another day at home off work to get it fixed. Oh, and guess what? Still not able to watch television due to poor signal and no streaming services.
7. BT Bill came in today (26th November) and guess what? No credit applied.
8. Contacted you who said you hadn’t actually applied it to the account when you said you would.
You can understand why I am livid. As said, I have no alternative then to go to OFCOM and register a complaint about how my account has been handled. No letter of deadlock as you broke the agreement we had when you didn’t credit the account when you advised me. The fact you only applied the credit after I complained today does not get you out of failing on your part of the agreement, especially as my account does not reflect the credit on the front end.
I am working on setting up a business and whilst this is a home connection, I am doing a lot of the ‘donkey work’ from home in my spare time such as creating, testing websites, creating manuals, talking with my business partners in America etc Being without service is delaying our launch which had to be put back 2 weeks due to my issues.
I have ZERO faith in BT.
Our 2016 Recommended Provider is: Sky
Current Offer: FREE Broadband, Landline and £50 M&S Voucher for just £17.40 a month.