Here is a typical BT customer services complaint we have received to share with other BT Customers. If you have had similar experience then please comment below. This complaint, along with all the others we receive will be put into a report and sent for investigation. Email you BT complaint to camwinston(at)gmail(dot)com.
I was so happy to see your BT problems website. I was actually looking to see if I could somehow get the head of BT customer services to write him/her a letter. I have already contacted BBC watchdog and below is my letter explaining my situation.
I hope you can add this to your BT complaints page and put forward to Offtel or whoever can help us out here. Here is my BT Complaint letter:
BT sent me a letter saying someone was interested in my phone number and if I haven’t contacted them by April 24th they would disconnect me.
I called (in disbelief) saying that I do need it, so they said fine they will cancel the cancellation request. They didn’t and so my line was disconnected.
A lot of expensive calls(was on hold for ages) from my mobile phone were made and eventually I was put onto a woman called Barbara who apologised, organised for the activity of the line the following day and said my old number will be back within the week. All this time my sky broadband was canceled because of no active line.
It’s the 3rd June and I still don’t have my old phone number back. I do have service but as everyone has the old number they can’t contact me.
To add to insult I received a bill a few days ago for £41.
I was offered 1 months free rental and £10 as a gesture of goodwill for the following:
- disconnecting my phone line without my permission
- A month of no broadband which they argue isn’t their fault
- massive mobile phone bills calling BT and being put on hold
- constant promises from people in foreign countries that all will be sorted and then nothing ?
- continuously calling BT as in the 1st few weeks no-one bothered to call me to review the situation?
- costs of my visits to the internet cafe as I am in the middle of organising a wedding and have to do it out of office hours
- Over a month of missing calls as everyone has our proper phone number
- The stress I have suffered in the last month because of the incompetence of BT.
If I don’t pay this bill I will receive a CCJ yet nothing happens to BT for the lack of service.
They boast that the last thing they do is disconnect landlines after non payment of bills so there are a lot of unpaid debts with a phone line yet they disconnected a bill paying customer and caused all this bother and stress.
I am looking into other landline providers as we speak but would appreciate your response on this.