This BT complaint was sent in regarding the problems with moving house and phoneline setup.
I’m having problems with home moving with BT. I’m on a contract for a year due to finish in Feb 2012. I am moving home this week and I have had hour long chats with at least four managers in BT’s home moving department. Each customer service rep I spoke with were are all like tape recorders – just repeating the same thing but not listening to you.
It all started this way. I am told that I need to pay £130 for getting the connection sorted in my house as your computer check on my home line has failed. Your system is showing no active connection since 2007( I spoke to the previous owner a week ago on his land line!). This obviously means that the information on their computer is wrong. After a lot of persuasion they agreed that If I provide the existing land phone number (even though it is Sky) they will look into PAS and sort this out for me.
Next day I got a new set of managers who are saying that whoever spoke to me before me doesn’t know his job! The only thing they can offer is – if I am ready to pay £4 per month they will waiver every fees. I clearly asked him whether that means 12×4 = £48. I thought it is better. I am having my freesat tuner which I am using without paying any money and they are making it rewindable for £4! He seems to think that it is an amazing offer and I should take it. The catch I realised is that I need to extend the contract by 18 months. I asked him whether he realizes I am being forced into this. He didn’t think so!
Next day I send a complaint via BT.com website. Now another set of people call me and tells me that the above offer will be done with 12 months contract and the broadband will end at 5 months. I cant understand these guys at all. She seems to think that I am having the cheapest broadband connection in the country. When I asked about the complaints procedure, the guy is telling me there is no complaint. I had to tell him that it is me who had complaint and not him. This is all you can do he advised. When I queried about Ofcom and codes of practise, he seemed very weary and seemed not interested.
I would like to know few things.
- If there is a land line which was working till last week, why cant someone look up and find out what is happening.? Why cant someone speak to technical department and find out?
- If by your fault, you cant keep your side of the bargain, I believe there is no contract between us anymore. You should return all my money and let me go to a different provider.Why this doesn’t happen.
- Why should I forfeit my annual rental and a further disconnection fee. Do you consider it as unfair terms on one of the parties involved in a mutual contract?
- Why am I forced to buy a different package? Do you think it is mis-selling?
- Why there is no transparent complaints procedure or anyone willing to resolve this isssue?
Doesn’t any one in BT value any customer anymore?
I hope you appreciate the stress involved in buying a property and moving there. Now you are adding to my stress unnecessarily.