Here is a BT customer services complaint regarding BT Broadband and having trouble getting connected. Nobody at BT took the responsibility to sort out the Broadband service. Each customer service rep said they had resolved the issue until after many call someone said they needed a MAC code when in fact they did not as it was a new line. Here is the letter of complaint sent in to share with everyone and include in the report that will be sent for investigation….
Further to your letter which was undated and which referred to our telephone conversation on 11th September 2009.
I note your comments, however, I can only conclude that no-one in BT seems to be able to get the status of this order right. You refer to the fact that I need a MAC code to enable me to obtain BT Broadband – WRONG !! I now have Broadband with BT and did not need a MAC code to be able to order this.
As discussed on 11th September I can only assume that the training given to BT staff is inadequate in respect of sales to the general public and that they only say what will achieve a sale or keep the customer quiet at the time of each call. Unfortunately for you, you were the last in the line and as such received the derogatory comments and are again.
I would re-iterate the following course of events which has resulted in it taking nearly six weeks to obtain the broadband requested :
- Initial order placed on Tuesday 11th August 2009 having been told that I do not need a MAC code as it was a new line (not a new telephone number) at a new address.
- Monday 17th August 2009 received a letter saying that my broadband would be connected on Wednesday 19th August 2009 to a telephone line that was not my number.
- Called sales and was told the original order would need to be cancelled and a new order initiated to the correct telephone number. This was done.
- Wednesday 19th August 2009 received my BT Homehub for my telephone line
- Thursday 20th August 2009 received a bill for the BT Homehub although it was supposed to be free!
- Wednesday 26th August 2009 2nd BT Homehub arrives.
- Wednesday 26th August 2009 broadband due to be connected to phoneline following the re-ordering of broadband – nothing connected.
- Sunday 30th August 2009 called BT to get status of broadband connection to be told that it could not be connected as the line was still taken by my previous broadband supplier Tiscali. However the representative confirmed that he had been able to overwrite that and the line was free to be taken over by BT Broadband and it was ordered again – requested that no Homehub is sent.
- 8th September 2009 broadband due to be connected – nothing connected.
- Following a call to BT was again told I needed a MAC code – called Tiscali and was told I did not need a MAC code.
- 14th September 2009 ordered BT Broadband (without a MAC code)
- 23rd September 2009 – BT Broadband connected – AT LAST !!
In between times there were other calls from BT including yourself mainly getting the invoice cancelled which had been wrongly invoiced in the first place (see 5 above).
I’m sorry that it is you that are getting these comments as they are not directed at you specifically but the incompetent people I have dealt with in my previous calls. I cannot understand how an organisation like BT can continually get things wrong. As I said previously it has to be down to poor training or incorrect employment selection procedures.
The end result is as required however it has taken a lot of my time to get to this stage which I hope, but doubt, will not happen to someone else.